Funding Art. Fueling Culture. Fostering Inclusion.
The Inclusive Arts Fund exists to provide small and midsize art and culture organizations in southeast Michigan with funding to provide access to equitable, innovative, and affordable programming to foster a more inclusive region and drive economic development.
The fund launched in 2022 with an initial investment from the Ralph C. Wilson Jr. Foundation. From that investment, the Community Foundation awarded $500,000 to twenty-nine organizations in southeast Michigan leading within the art and culture spaces. We understand that investing in art and culture ultimately drives economic development within the region. Support for inclusive access is intended to assist individual organizations and/or the arts and culture sector as a whole to ensure their offerings and operations are designed to attract and welcome diverse and varied audiences.
Goals of the Fund
- Invest in the arts and culture sector to foster inclusion as a driver of economic development within southeast Michigan.
- Ensure small and midsize arts and culture organizations have support to expand programming and build operational capacity.
- Provide everyone in southeast Michigan with access to equitable, inclusive, and affordable arts and culture programs.
Grant Opportunity | Application is now closed
The purpose of this fund is to support small to midsize arts organizations in southeast Michigan. Grants will vary in amount but will range between $5,000 and $25,000 to support organizations that conduct their programming within the seven counties of the Community Foundation’s service area: Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Monroe, Washtenaw, Livingston and St. Clair.
- September 11, 2023: Application opens
- September 28, 2023: Virtual Q&A Session. Click here to register.
- October 13, 2023: Deadline to register in online grant system, if you are not already registered.
- October 16, 2023: Virtual Q&A Session. Click here to register.
- October 23, 2023: Application deadline
Subscribe for Updates about the Inclusive Arts Fund
Stay up to date on future grant opportunities and community conversations.