Job Opportunity: PEDALS Michigan Coach
Job Opportunity: Early Childhood Classroom Coaches
PEDALS Michigan (Positive Emotional Development & Learning Skills), is seeking Early Childhood Classroom Coaches to provide coaching to teachers and classroom staff on site at participating early childhood programs, including classroom observation and feedback; modeling of instruction; general consultation regarding effective application of social emotional curriculum, classroom management, and use of the screening/assessment tool; and technical assistance on data collection and entry as needed. This position is full-time, working 37.5 hours per week.
- Serve as a main point of contact for PEDALS with classroom teachers, including communicating PEDALS expectations to teachers
- Complete classroom observation forms and submit electronically on a monthly basis
- Participate in PEDALS staff meetings (approximately monthly, in person and/or by phone)
- Assist in planning PEDALS training events and attend training events
- Develop, prepare, and facilitate PEDALS and Second Step trainings
- Work with program directors and administration to provide technical assistance in program implementation
- Assist early childhood programs with sustainability activities (e.g., training a staff member to provide Second Step trainings on his or her own at the conclusion of PEDALS)
- Assist PEDALS project director with ongoing program development
- Attend coach trainings
- Participate in overall PEDALS program evaluation
- A demonstrated commitment to improving the quality of early childhood education and the social emotional development of young children
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood, or elementary education with early childhood minor
- At least three years of experience teaching in an early childhood setting (ages 2-5 years)
- At least one year of experience in a supervisory, coaching, and/or mentoring role in an early childhood setting (ages 2-5 years)
- Experience with implementation of validated screening and/or assessment tools in an early childhood setting
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility – ability to adapt to the needs of individual teachers, classrooms, and programs. This includes flexibility in availability, communication methods, and approach
- Knowledge of resources available in southeastern Michigan for early childhood programs and for children with social, emotional, or behavioral needs and their families
- Excellent time management skills, including ability to develop and maintain a scheduling process for in-classroom coaching
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with teachers, program directors and manager
- Proven ability to assist with learning and capacity building in a facilitative manner
- Basic computer skills (ability to access and utilize online tools related to the curriculum and screening tool, online data entry)
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required, as the coach will be traveling to and between childcare centers
Salary & Benefits
This full-time salary for the position is $54,500. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, along with paid holidays, personal, sick and vacation time.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject line PEDALS Coach. All PEDALS employees must be fully vaccinated, provide proof of automobile insurance and have a full background check, including fingerprinting.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, height, weight, political or union affiliation, disability or any factor prohibited by law.