We’re Hiring a Philanthropic Services Assistant (Gift Processing)
PHILANTHROPIC SERVICES ASSISTANT (GIFT PROCESSING)
The Philanthropic Services assistant is responsible for providing a day-to-day data entry for gift processing and for providing a full range of administrative support to the team members of Philanthropic Services.
- Provide overall day to day management of the gift processing and acknowledgement program, including processing of all incoming gifts and grant payments, preparing gift acknowledgement letters, assisting donors with gift questions, customizing gift acknowledgements, and preparing related materials for finance and communications, proofread and finalize letters, memos, and other documents that are generated as part of the gift acknowledgement process.
- Gift processing, tracking pending gifts, and audit (in partnership with donor relations associate) database with goal of 99% or better internal and external accuracy.
- Performing due diligence of gift acknowledgments.
- Refer non-routine issues with recommended solutions to a Philanthropic Services officer or other appropriate staff person.
- Prepare gift reports as requested.
- Coordinate logistics for committee meetings and events as assigned.
- Serve as a backup to the office receptionist.
- Assist in maintaining prospect plans, solicitations, and contact reports.
- Routinely handle internal and external inquiries by screening calls, answering questions, and redirecting, as necessary, to appropriate personnel.
- Prepare introductory letters for agencies and donors.
- Provide executive administrative support to Philanthropic Services staff, including but not limited to, scheduling, phone call filtering, report filing, and correspondence preparation.
- Assist with donor lists and related data for Community Foundation publications.
- Provide support for the Foundation’s archiving activities including monitoring and ensuring that organizational files are up to date.
- Track trustee and employee giving. Maintain a schedule of tasks related to annual appeals foundation-wide and prompt action if needed.
- High school diploma required; some college preferred.
- Five to seven years of work experience with preference to those with office management or professional administrative support experience.
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment and computer software applications such as Foundation Information Management System (FIMS), Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point and other software as required. Experience in data entry required.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information in professional manner; requiring judgment and discretion.
- Working knowledge of nonprofit organizations, a plus.
- Ability to respond sensitively and patiently to internal and external inquiries in a timely manner and the ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidences.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Nancy Davies, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, height, weight, political or union affiliation, disability or any factor prohibited by law.