We’re Hiring a Program Associate
The Program Associate is responsible for research, grant reviews, grant monitoring and assessment activities, program development and educational programs, along with support for program staff. The position is considered a professional position and is charged with responsibilities that are intended to grow in content and complexity over time.
- Respond to general inquiries from nonprofit organizations and individuals regarding the Community Foundation’s grantmaking programs.
- Assist with grant review, preparing formal written reviews of grant applications.
- Review interim reports and final reports of grantees.
- Assist with review of scholarship proposals and processing of awards.
- Assist with departmental research activities.
- Represent the Foundation in meetings with organizations seeking grants, and grantees.
- Support the Program Officers in their work with volunteer advisory committees, including assisting with meeting preparation, participation in committee meetings, and writing meeting minutes or summaries.
- Support new grantmaking projects, including conceptualizing new programs, writing funding proposals, and building collaborative relationships with colleagues in the field, volunteers, and community members, including potential donors.
- Assist the Vice President and Program Officers in the coordination of work of outside advisory groups, and volunteers.
- Be knowledgeable of Foundation’s electronic grants management system (Fluxx); pull reports and analyze grantmaking activities as needed for communications activities.
- Assist in development of content for Foundation publications and web-based information.
- Develop position papers on areas of interest to the Foundation.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a social science
- 1-3 years’ professional experience at a non-profit organization or relevant experience
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, and database applications
- Proven ability to communicate in both writing and verbally
- Expert level editing, proofreading and attention to detail skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a collaborative approach and willingness to work as a team
- Ability to respond sensitively and patiently to internal and external inquiries in a timely manner and the ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidences
Send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Nancy Davies, human resources director at: firstname.lastname@example.org.