We’re Hiring: Philanthropic Services Officer
The Philanthropic Services Officer is responsible for a wide range of asset development and donor program activities with the primary goal of developing and securing major financial support for the Community Foundation. This individual also interacts directly with existing major donors to ensure a high level of satisfaction with their relationships with the Community Foundation.
- Identify, research, cultivate and secure gifts to meet established annual new gift goals ($5-10M). Track progress in Raiser’s Edge and provide biweekly reports on activities completed and ongoing.
- Develop, implement and manage asset development plans in targeted areas of growth for the Community Foundation with emphasis working with targeted groups such as the CFSEM Board of Trustees.
- Exercise sound judgment in securing gifts and managing existing relationships to meet the objectives of the donor while supporting the mission and operations of the Community Foundation.
- Manage process for securing annual recurring gifts to the Foundation.
- Market a full range of gift vehicles and programs for major gift acquisition, including planned gifts.
- Support online giving programs, including short-term and/or issue-specific programs.
- Contact and meet with assigned donors to ensure satisfaction on services provided by the Community Foundation and secure additional gifts.
- Continue and expand relationships and secure new gifts with affinity groups in the region
- Manage assigned events and engagement opportunities that expand the public’s awareness of the Community Foundation to attract new donors.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a graduate degree desirable.
- Experience in development with non-profit organizations or senior marketing experience.
- Proven experience to secure gifts of 6-figures or higher.
- Experience with portfolio management and prospect development.
- Demonstrated communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong project management skills, research and analytical skills.
- Database proficiency; knowledge of fundraising/donor management software a plus.
- Proven success working in a multifaceted development environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an appetite for collaboration.
Send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Nancy Davies, human resources officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.