We’re Hiring: Senior Program Officer
SENIOR PROGRAM OFFICER
The Senior Program Officer provides leadership, management, and guidance in support of the Foundation’s grantmaking and special projects.
This Senior Program Officer will work with a wide range of organizations and special projects, initially including the arts/culture and environmental areas. Focus areas will evolve over time based on the needs of the Foundation.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of assigned program areas, including current issues, key networks, public and private revenue streams that fit with the Community Foundation’s program priorities.
- Review and provide formal written summaries of grant applications. Field calls from and conduct site visits to organizations who have or are seeking funding.
- Provide staff support to advisory committees by preparing agenda materials
- Monitor grant performance, review grant reports, and ensure grantee compliance with grant agreements. Serve as the primary contact in negotiating and resolving issues for grantees.
- Manage project budgets and recommend approval of appropriate project expenses and accounts to the vice president, Program.
- Collaborate with other staff, consultants and the Foundation’s trustees to determine program priorities.
Special Projects Management & Fundraising
- Conceptualize, seek funding for, develop, and manage major projects that support the Foundation’s program activities.
Donor Relations and Communications
- Participate and initiate fund development activity through working with donors, developing grant proposals, and other activities as assigned.
- Participate in joint efforts, networking opportunities and provision of non-grant support to Foundation grantees.
- Represent the Foundation professionally by responding to inquiries and attending meetings and conferences.
- Increase the Community Foundation’s visibility through developing and maintaining relationships with community leaders, charitable giving partners and nonprofit organizations.
- Participate in and provide leadership to collaborative efforts involving other funders and community groups addressing issues of importance to the Foundation and broader Community.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a social or health science area
- Master’s degree and/or more than 5 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of and experience in nonprofit-related programs and activities
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Inquisitive personality who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Experience with foundations and grantmaking
- Knowledge of the 7-county region of southeast Michigan
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our office is located in Detroit, Michigan, and the position is based there.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Nancy Davies, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference
Senior Program Officer in the subject line of your email.
In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, height, weight, political or union affiliation, disability or any factor prohibited by law.