The Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Legacy Funds were created to provide permanent, endowed support for programs and initiatives that reflect the personal passions of Mr. Wilson.
This Application is Closed
The grants made from these Community Foundation-based Funds are distinct from the grants made by the separate Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Foundation.
In most cases, the grants made from the Legacy Funds serve to support very localized projects across the seven-county region for which a small grant can make all the difference.
In some cases, it may also provide an opportunity to test out ideas and programs on a smaller, pilot level.
- November 11, 2020 – Application Opens
- December 28, 2020 – Deadline to register in Fluxx, if you are not already registered.
- January 8, 2021, 5:00 p.m. – Application Deadline
- Late April 2021 – Grantee Award and Decline Notifications Will Be Sent; Funded Projects Can Begin
- May 2021 – Grants Will Be Announced Publicly
Important Note: If you think you will apply for a Wilson Legacy Fund grant, and are not already registered in our Fluxx system, you should go on the site now and register your organization. Registration only needs to happen once, but is required before you can submit an application. Contact our grants management team for any questions.
For questions regarding the Caregivers Fund, contact Melissa Kesterson
For questions regarding the Design and Access Fund, contact Tom Woiwode
For questions regarding the Youth Sports, contact Alana Glass
For questions regarding the Grosse Pointe Community Assets Fund, contact Katie Brisson