We’re Hiring: Vice President, Philanthropic Services
VICE PRESIDENT, Philanthropic Services
The Community Foundation of Southeast Michigan is seeking an entrepreneurial, solutions-oriented development leader to serve as its next Vice President, Philanthropic Services.
Reporting to the President and serving as a member of the senior leadership team, the Vice President will manage the Philanthropic Services department and provide strategic vision and direction to all aspects of fundraising and lead and inspire a talented team.
The Vice President must be deeply proficient in building relationships and solicitation. Also, key to success, the Vice President will be a data-driven professional who is skilled at creating an efficient infrastructure and strengthening the philanthropic culture across the Community Foundation. The Vice President must adhere to the highest standards in management, governance, and fund development.
- Meet annual and long-term fundraising goals and objectives
- Execute a robust prospect development strategy
- Develop a team that can carry out increasing new gift objectives
- Implement a program to engage Trustees and volunteers in securing gifts to the Community Foundation
- Develop annual and three-year action plans for the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of donors, and stewardship of donors and other constituent groups
- Collaborate with communications staff to develop donor solicitation materials and communication programs
- Develop and implement progress reporting
- Ensure the highest standards of fiscal responsibility, data integrity, and fundraising best practices, standards, and ethics
- Work with staff, Trustees, and other stakeholders to strengthen fundraising culture and knowledge Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in fundraising in a leadership capacity and a track record of successfully engaging, soliciting, and stewarding major individual and institutional donors
- A sincere alignment with the mission of the Community Foundation and the ability to become an articulate and compelling spokesperson on behalf of the Community Foundation and its mission
- Experience leading successful, comprehensive, and strategic fundraising or related programs
- A creative and entrepreneurial self-starter with the ability to work independently and on a team
- The ability to lead strategic advancement programs
- Experience working with foundation and corporate partners, including identifying prospects, cultivating, and stewarding relationships, and overseeing the strategic development of proposals
- Prior experience effectively managing, mentoring, and motivating teams across a variety of development, creative, marketing, and operations functions
- Strong financial management and budgeting skills
- Comfort with interacting and engaging a diverse set of stakeholders with respect and sensitivity, including senior executives, staff, volunteers, and all types of donors
- Ability to build strong relationships, both internally and externally
The Community Foundation is partnering with Lindauer Global on this search. To express interest in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Libby Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org or Donna Russell at email@example.com.
In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, height, weight, political or union affiliation, disability or any factor prohibited by law.