We’re Hiring: Philanthropic Services Assistant
The philanthropic services assistant, Philanthropic Services, is responsible for providing a full range of administrative support to the team members of the department. Reports to the Vice President, Philanthropic Services.
- Manage donor advisor grant processing, including answering questions for donor advisors and nonprofit organizations with questions and resolving issues. Prepare reports and review statements.
- Provide administrative support to Philanthropic Services senior management, including general legal document support.
- Assist Operations Manager with research, prospecting and donor management, including ongoing maintenance of prospect and donor management system.
- Routinely handle internal and external inquiries by screening calls, answering questions and redirecting, as necessary, to appropriate personnel.
- Ensure that grants lists, agenda books and other meeting materials are complete, accurate, and distributed within stated deadlines prior to the meetings.
- Plans, organizes, prioritizes, initiates and accomplishes tasks accurately and on time; anticipates problems/needs and proposes resolutions or initiates appropriate steps to accomplish tasks.
- Assist with conceptualizing, preparing and generating reports for staff and board members including yearbook, audits, and press release information.
- Provide a broad range of administrative support to the Philanthropic Services department.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three to five years of work experience with preference to those with office management or professional administrative support experience. Legal services experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment and computer software applications such as Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point and other software as required. Experience in data entry required.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information in professional manner; requiring judgment and discretion.
- Working knowledge of nonprofit organizations, a plus.
- Ability to respond sensitively and patiently to internal and external inquiries in a timely manner and the ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidences.
Send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Nancy Davies, human resources director at: firstname.lastname@example.org.