We can help you explore how the
Community Foundation can support your practice.
Our presentation features:
What is a Community Foundation?
- How a community foundation works within a geographic region, builds funds through gifts from individuals and corporations, makes grants, and provides leadership in regional philanthropy.
- The value a community foundation offers you and your clients: personalized service, flexible charitable planning support, expertise in the region, and variance power to ensure your clients’ intentions are followed.
- Public charities and private foundations: what sets community foundations apart as a public charity? Which is right for your client?
- How gifts to the Community Foundation have impacted our region: grantmaking in the following areas: arts & culture, environment, economic development, health, human services, youth, growth of endowment and the importance of permanent funds to create permanent, positive change.
Ways Your Clients Can Give
- Learn about how we can help your clients accomplish their charitable intentions – whether supporting their favorite nonprofit organization, alma mater, or area of interest – we can work with you to incorporate the appropriate vehicle in your client’s lifetime and testamentary planning.
- Overview of the vehicles the Community Foundation offers: donor advised funds, supporting organizations, field of interest funds, scholarships, designated funds, and unrestricted funds.
- Identify what assets to give: marketable securities, closely held business interests, real estate, life insurance, retirement assets, intellectual property, tangible personal property.
To request a presentation, call us at 313.961.6675 or use the form below;