The Community Foundation for Livingston County provides grants to organizations in the area that serve the Livingston County community and provide benefits to residents. In the Foundation’s 25 years, $7000,000 has been awarded through more than 130 grants to support the public well-being and quality of life in the Livingston County region.
By the Numbers
Examples of grants from the Community Foundation for Livingston County include:
- Reaching Higher: $10,000 in 2015 to expand a leadership program for Livingston County youth.
- Livingston County Catholic Charities: $12,774 to support trauma-informed training and certification of six Livingston County Catholic Charities therapist.
- Cleary University: $12,000 in 2015 for StartUp Weekend Livingston, designed to create an environment that attracts tech entrepreneurs.
- Child Connect for Family Success: $15,000 in 2015 to enhance the visibility, online presence and community engagement of the council.
- The Livingston Education Service Agency: $25,000 in 2015 for an initiative to boost kindergarten readiness in Livingston County.
- Cleary University: $15,000 in 2014 for the Arthur Secunda Museum to offer an art program for youth in foster care.
- Cleary University: $25,000 in 2014 for Leadership Livingston to support youth and adult projects aimed at increasing civic engagement
- The VINA Community Dental Center: in 2011 and 2012, grants which totaled $35,000 to support the expansion of the dental clinic with new dental operatories in order to serve more patients
- Livingston County Catholic Charities: $10,000 in 2011 to establish a foster care and adoption program to better meet the needs of at-risk families in the county
- The Pinckney Community Public Library: $5,000 in 2010 to help support Livingston Reads, a countywide reading program that is supported by the six Livingston County libraries, which are located in Brighton, Fowlerville, Hamburg, Hartland, Howell and Pinckney
- Pinckney Community Schools: $50,000 in 2010 to support the implementation of New Tech High School, a model high school curriculum