Caregiving can feel like an overwhelming responsibility, but you don’t have to start from scratch or do it alone. We’ve curated some trusted resources, including links to tools, workbooks, events and support groups.
Resources for caregivers
- Caregiver Action Network | Family Caregiver Toolbox: This site provides a variety of resources, information, and organizations in an easy to navigate format by topic.
- AARP Resources for Caregivers and their Families: This site provides an extensive source of information for every aspect of caregiving, divided by topic.
- Cuidando a los nuestros (aarp.org): This Spanish-language site provides an extensive source of information for every aspect of caregiving, divided by topic.
- Helping a Loved One Live Independently at Home (aarp.org): This site, created by AARP, provides resources, tools, and ideas used for caring for an older adult at home.
- Free AARP Caregiving Guides: www.AARP.org/preparetocare
- Free financial workbook for caregivers (PDF): www.AARP.org/caregivermoney
- Free financial workbook for veteran and military caregivers (PDF): www.AARP.org/vmfcaregivermoney
Events and support groups
- Upcoming classes and events
Henry Ford Health offers a variety of health and wellness events throughout southeast and south-central Michigan. Activities include support groups, fundraisers, fitness, medical education classes and hiring events. Many events are free of charge and available to everyone. We also host virtual events so you can attend from the comfort of your own home.
- Caregiver support group online
Henry Ford Health supports every type of caregiver who is invited to join! We welcome everyone over 18 years of age to join the support group. All members are expected to be respectful of one another and participate by introducing yourself. You may join by telephone, computer, tablet and/or iPad.