The Detroit Auto Dealers Association (DADA) Charitable Foundation Fund supports grants to charitable organizations that make a lasting impact on the lives of children and youth in southeast Michigan.
The DADA Charitable Foundation Fund provides support to nonprofit organizations in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Washtenaw, St. Clair, Monroe and Livingston counties, with a primary focus on charitable organizations and activities that assist children and youth. The fund is supported by proceeds from the North American International Auto Show Charity Preview.
Since its inception in 1999, the DADA Charitable Foundation Fund has provided more than $7 million to support nonprofit organizations that are improving the lives of children and youth in southeast Michigan. This partnership is unique among auto trade associations nationally — a permanent legacy to benefit our region for generations to come.
- Arc of Northwest Wayne County – $37,500 for a therapeutic play program and toy lending library for children with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Care House of Oakland County – $35,000 to create a community needs assessment that will help expand child abuse prevention education to adults and school-aged children
- Detroit Parent Network – $25,000 to expand programming for families who have children with special needs, in partnership with Color of Autism
- Detroit Zoological Society – $25,000 over two years to expand the Nature Tots program which is designed to engage children and their caregivers in outdoor play at the Belle Isle Nature Center
- Easterseals – Michigan Inc. – $50,000 to expand the Miracle League of Michigan, a recreational program for youth with special needs
- Friendship Circle – $35,000 to expand a life skills and educational program for children with special needs
- Girl Scouts of Southeastern Michigan – $30,000 to expand a leadership development program for girls from low-income families in grades 6-8
- Samaritas – $43,000 for a program designed to reduce trauma for youth in foster care, by training child welfare staff and caregivers
- Services to Enhanced Potential (STEP) – $25,000 for employment and community engagement opportunities for youth with disabilities who are transitioning from school
- Starfish Family Services – $50,000 to expand trauma services in Detroit for children ages 0-5 (Wayne County)
How to Apply for a Grant
Here are a few key facts about applications to the Detroit Auto Dealers Association Charitable Foundation Fund:
- Grants range from $10,000 to $50,000
- Projects must benefit children and youth (defined as Pre-K-12) in southeast Michigan
- Any 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in southeast Michigan may apply for a grant. Southeast Michigan is defined as the seven counties of Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Monroe, Washtenaw, St. Clair and Livingston. The 5 nonprofit organizations that traditionally receive support directly from the Charity Preview are ineligible. Please note that the Fund does not award grants to host or sponsor events.
The DADA Charitable Foundation Fund Committee
The DADA Charitable Foundation Fund Committee is a dedicated group of community leaders and advocates who serve as advisors for the grant applications that are submitted:
Rod L. Alberts
Hon. Trudy DunCombe Archer
A. William Golling III
David T. Provost