How to Apply
Here are a few key facts about applications to the Detroit Auto Dealers Association Charitable Foundation Fund:
- Grants range from $10,000 to $50,000
- Projects must benefit children and youth (defined as Pre-K-12) in southeast Michigan
- Any 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in southeast Michigan may apply for a grant. Southeast Michigan is defined as the seven counties of Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Monroe, Washtenaw, St. Clair and Livingston. The 7 nonprofit organizations that traditionally receive support directly from the Charity Preview are ineligible. Please note that the Fund does not award grants to host or sponsor events.
- Starting in 2020, The North American International Auto Show and Charity Preview will be in June. The grant application cycle for the DADA Charitable Foundation Fund will be aligned with this new schedule. Grant applications will be due on October 1, 2020, and grantee award and decline notifications will be sent in March 2021.
- Important Note: We have a new online grants management system. If you think you will apply for a grant, you should go on the site now and register your organization. Registration only needs to happen once, but is required before you can submit an application.
Step 1: Review the Application Checklist
In terms of what to include in your application, please consult the application checklist at the end of the Community Foundation grant guidelines. Once you have reviewed this list, if you have any questions, please feel free to call 313.961.6675 and ask to speak to Surabhi Pandit, program officer.
STEP 2: START AN APPLICATION
Once you’ve reviewed our Application Checklist and spoken with Surabhi it’s time to start your grant application. If you or your organization is new to Fluxx for CFSEM – please register an account here before starting an application. Contact our grants management team for any questions.