We’re Hiring: Manager/Director, Donor Services
The external/working title for this position is Director, Donor Services while the internal title for position classification is Manager, Donor Services.
This position is responsible for a wide range of asset development and donor services activities with the primary goal of securing financial support for the Community Foundation, including current and planned gifts, and the ultimate goal of building permanent endowment for the region.
The position interacts primarily with current and prospective donors, current and prospective agency endowment fund partners, professional advisors, and other constituents as needed to steward these relationships for long-term growth opportunities for the Community Foundation.
- Identify, research, cultivate and secure principal level gifts to meet established annual new gift goals.
- Exercise sound judgment in securing gifts and managing existing relationships to meet the objectives of the donor while supporting the mission and operations of the Community Foundation.
- Market a full range of gift vehicles and programs for major gift acquisition, including current and planned gifts.
- Contact and meet with assigned donors to ensure satisfaction on services provided by the Community Foundation and secure additional gifts.
- Lead the fundraising and donor engagement efforts of The HOPE Fund, the Chelsea Community Foundation, and the Community Foundation for Livingston County.
- A commitment to providing quality stewardship to all constituents, and the ability to develop positive working relationships with staff, trustees, donors, contractors, and community stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, public policy, public administration, business, communications, with a graduate degree desirable or a minimum of seven to ten years of experience in development with non-profit organizations or senior marketing experience in lieu of degree.
- Exceptional strategic and creative thinking
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong people skills: ability to collaborate and work as part of a team.
The targeted salary for those entering this role is $80,000 – $100,000.
The Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan offers a robust benefits package including 20 days of vacation accrued monthly, 5 personal days, 11 holidays, 9 sick days accrued monthly, paid parental leave, and employer paid short/long-term disability.
The Community Foundation also offers a pension retirement program after 1 year of service which contributes 10% of salary.
To apply for this position, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume. Internal candidates will be considered first. All applications are requested by June 2, 2023.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, height, weight, political or union affiliation, disability or any factor prohibited by law.