As 2019 winds down, the Community Foundation would like to thank the donors, grantees, and volunteers that helped make a permanent, positive impact on our region this year.
You helped support health initiatives in southeast Michigan, such as:
- Groundwork Central for Resilient Communities, which provides access to local food systems;
- The TRAILS program of Detroit Public Schools, which was able to provide mental health support to students;
- SportPort of Project Play: Southeast Michigan, which launched to make sports equipment available to children who otherwise may not have the access to get active.
You helped support arts and culture programs, like:
- The United Methodist Retirement Community in Chelsea, which continued to offer visual arts, dance, music, and theater classes to residents;
- The Neutral Zone, which continued to host LGBT youth from southeast Michigan to promote personal growth through artistic expression;
- Community Living Centers, which enriched the lives of its residents with developmental disabilities through art classes and adventures.
You helped us support the community around us, such as:
- The formation of the Michigan Opioid Partnership, a public-private partnership which is confronting the opioid crisis in Michigan;
- The formation of the Southeast Michigan Immigrant and Refugee Funder Collaborative to support immigrants in our region;
- The Detroit Journalism Engagement Fund empowered citizens to serve the community as civic reporters.
You supported education for the future of our region, like:
- Wash and Learn, a program of the Detroit Public Library, brought library resources to laundromats in areas where children may not have access to otherwise visit a library branch;
- The Rex Family Fund for Literacy was able to continue to support literacy programs for the youth of Livingston County;
- Our scholarship program reached more students this year, making an impact for students looking to make higher education attainable.
This permanent, positive change is a product of donors’ generosity, and we thank all who have worked with the Community Foundation to make a positive impact on the region this year.